Three Things We Truly Love In Grand Junction Colorado
Off the top of your head, what are three things you truly love? I sent this question out to Grand Junction, Colorado. Replies came rolling in, and you'll love the answers.
Take a look at some of the replies in the gallery below. No doubt you'll agree with many of the replies. Please pay close attention, though. You'll notice some things are absent from the list. What could those be?
Things We Love In Grand Junction, Colorado
It's probably safe to say that many of us in Grand Junction could use some positivity right now. For this reason, I asked on Facebook, "Other than the family, what are three things you love?"
Obviously, this is a wide-open question. That, however, is precisely the point. The assignment was for you to dig deep and share your thoughts.
Incredible Replies Out of Grand Junction
A quick glance at the gallery below quickly becomes evident we love our pets. We also love our country and our freedom.
We can always count on Grand Junction musician extraordinaire Huey to chime in with gifted insight. Looking at his reply, it appears Huey loves "Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings." If that reply sounds familiar, it should. Huey will be sending his royalty payment to Julie Andrews any time now. Hey, Julie, the check is in the mail.
A Few Things Noticeably Absent
Check out the gallery below. Is it just me, or are there a number of things that didn't make the cut? You mentioned your faith, country, military, outdoors, and activities. What about your car? How about your boat or the motorcycle in the driveway?
Peruse the gallery and you'll notice there isn't a single mention of a material item. When it comes to the things we treasure most, material goods don't make the top three. In my mind, this is serious food for thought.
The website Reflections From a Redhead offers "99 Things I Love Most in the World – a Writing Prompt for Self-Reflection." The author, Janine Defontaine, offers her list of those things she loves most:
- My husband, who is my main man and best friend.
- Meeting people who inspire me with their spunk, spirit, and passion – even when they don’t realize it!
- The beach at sunset, breeze in the hair, waves lapping at the shore.
- Learning new things.
- Belly laughs.
- A long, hot shower at the end of a long day.
- Sleep-ins and naps. This girl loves her sleep, and she loves to sleep in. She’s also not a morning person…some things will never change!
- Comfy shoes.
- Having red hair. It took me long enough to like and love it!
- Our home is old, cluttered, and falling apart. However, it’s home, and I love it.
- Singapore. I love the heat, the food, the people, and the culture. I can’t get enough of the place.
- Well-fitting, comfortable underwear!
It appears Janine is in the same groove as the rest of us in Grand Junction. It's not until the 14th item on the list that she mentions a material object. In her case, item #14 involves "Well-fitting, comfortable underwear" I don't believe anyone is going to dock her any points for that.
These are the things we love most in Grand Junction, Colorado. The gallery below may be precisely what's needed to brighten your day.